The third round of the Italian Cup series arrives at Campo Felice near L’Aquila the Italian city that was ravaged last year by a huge earthquake.
I arrived later on friday evening.
Saturday was the practice day. The race track is very difficult and dangerous.
I have chosen a good position to take photos.
In front of me there was the big jump and on the left i saw a wonderful curve.
I used eos 1d mkii camera and canon ef 300mm 2,8 is to take photos.
I was very happy because there are a lot of famous riders such as: the Australian Shaun O’Connor e Rhys Willemse and Wyn Masters (NZ) e Matt Scoles (NZ).
Sunday was the competition day.
The italian (and local rider) Francesco Petrucci (Ancillotti Team) was the number 3 in the starting list but he has fallen during the race.
The best rider was Wyn Masters with an incredible time: 2’30″82!
1. Wyn Masters (Nuova Zelanda, Kenda – Playbiker) in 2′30”82
2. Matt Scoles (Nuova Zelanda, Cingolani – Protone) in 2′32”57
3. Marco Bugnone (Italia, Argentina bike) in 2′32”71
4. Marco Milivinti (Italia, Cingolani – Protone) in 2′32”82
5. Carlo Gambirasio (Italia, Surfing shop) in 2′35”31
6. Rhys Willemse (Australia, Ancillotti – Doganaccia racing team) in 2′35”81
7. Andrea Gamenara (Italia, Argentina bike) in 2′36”40
8. Mattia Arduino (Italia, Argentina bike) in 2′36”71
9. Justyn Norek (Italia, Team Dayco) in 2′37”18
10. Francesco Petrucci (Italia, Ancillotti – Doganaccia racing team) in 2′38”88